I was fortunate enough to plan both of my pregnancies. Going into my first pregnancy, I knew a lot was going to be unpredictable. Every body handles pregnancy differently. Going into my second pregnancy, I thought I knew at least a little bit about what to expect. Turns out, not only does every person handle pregnancy differently, but every pregnancy is radically different. Until we had our anatomy ultrasound, I thought maybe it was the difference between having a girl or a boy. Nope! Two boy pregnancies, and two drastically different experiences.
- nauseated until around 20 weeks
- very little back pain; in fact, it seemed like my sciatica problems went away
- walking stamina wasn't great
- core strength and flexibility pretty good from a lot of prenatal yoga
- carried very small, never that uncomfortable
- pregnancy cravings minimal, mainly milk and red wine
- only had one small cold!
- minimal nausea, totally gone by 10 weeks
- back, hip, and pubic bone pain started early
- great walking stamina
- core strength and flexibility not so great
- feeling uncomfortably pregnant
- serious pregnancy cravings, mainly for sweet things
- constantly sick!
- body image is pretty good both times
- nails, hair, and skin good
- no swelling (so far!)
- minimal stretch marks
- heartburn and other gastrointestinal issues still there :(
It is amazing how much about this pregnancy feels different. Most of the similarities are ways I am fortunate, and I think would carry over into further pregnancies.